How to Prepare for a Coronavirus Outbreak
Create a household plan of action to help protect your health and the health of those you care about in the event of an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community:
– Talk with the people who need to be included in your plan, and discuss what to do if a COVID-19 outbreak occurs in your community.
– Plan ways to care for those who might be at greater risk for serious complications.
– Make sure they have access to 2 weeks of medications and supplies in case you need to stay home for prolonged periods of time.
– Get to know your neighbors and find out if your neighborhood has a website or social media page to stay connected.
– Create a list of local organizations that you and your household can contact in the event you need access to information, healthcare services, support, and resources.
– Create an emergency contact list of family, friends, neighbors, carpool drivers, health care providers, teachers, employers, the local public health department, and other community resources.
Do everything you can to reduce your risk of catching coronavirus. Wash your hands, wear a mask, practice social distancing, hire professionals to clean your workplace and home, and quarantine if you’ve been exposed.